Swing (Lindy Hop) Classes
Weekly -Mondays - Newtown
We run regular swing dancing classes for beginners and intermediate every Monday night. Our classes run in 4 weeks cycles, we recommend that beginners start on a week 1 or 2 of each cycle. Our classes are taught by expert teachers and are taylored to have you dancing in no time in a fun and friendly environment.
New 4 week cycle STARTING 23rd May 2022
Now open for registration
No class 2nd or 16th May due to hall availability.
A 1 hour beginners class perfect for first timers or those who want to brush up on their basics. New beginners start week 1 or 2 of a course. You can pay up front for 4 weeks or pay per class.
A 1 hour class perfect for those who are comfortable with their basics, we run this in a 4 weeks cycle however if you are a confident intermediate dancer you can come any week. Pay per class or for a 4 week course.
Single Class: $20 per class per person
4 Week course: $70 per class per person
Both classes on the same night
For those who have completed beginners but would like to refresh, improve, warm up or just for fun.
Single Class: $25 per night per person
4 Week course: $90 per person
Venue: Newtown Neighbourhood Centre
1 Bedford St
Newtown NSW 2042
Teachers: Trish and Milton
Pre registration is essential
No partner is required to register as we’ll be rotating partners in class however you can choose to stay with your own partner if preferred.
Please read our COVID Safety Plan!
* Everyone must hand sanitise upon entry and exit of the venue.
* We also recommend bringing your own drink bottle as no cups will be available.
* If you feel you need to sneeze or cough please leave the room and then wash or sanitise your hands upon reentry.
* If you feel unwell, are awaiting the results of a COVID test, live with someone awaiting the results of a COVID test or have travelled to a COVID hot spot in the last 14 days test we ask that you do not attend class.
* Registration is essential, no refunds will be given